The Second European Vocational Skills Week will take place on 20 to 24 November 2017!
This first European Vocational Skills Week took place on 5-9 December 2016 with events in Brussels, Belgium and hundreds of activities in Member States, EFTA and EU candidate countries organised at national, regional and local levels. To capitalise on this energy and enthusiasm, there will be organised a second European Vocational Skills Week on 20-24 November 2017.
What is it About?
This is to improve the attractiveness and image of vocational education and training, to showcase excellence and quality and raise awareness of the wide range of opportunities
Why are we doing this?
- Every single person is talented. Some talents may be obvious, some still hidden.
- Vocational education and training is a smart choice, is fun, and leads to excellence in education, high-quality jobs and increased employability.
- There are great vocational training opportunities that successfully prepare you for interesting and challenging careers, as well as active engagement in society.
- Vocational education and training is a desirable option for people of all ages, and prepares people for jobs the world over.
- Quality training develops the creative and innovative potential of learners.
- Upskilling and reskilling throughout life is key to improved job opportunities and better integration in society.
- Lifelong learning enhances social inclusion, diversity, and active citizenship.
We are inviting all stakeholders: learners, parents, companies, business organisations, social partners, education and training providers, adult learning organisations, chambers and other professional organisations, researchers, career counsellors, public authorities, and society at large to get involved.
For more information, please send a message to the organisers of the European Vocational Skills Week.